Dear Oloni is a popular sex and dating forum created by Oloni, a London-based blogger who runs www.simplyoloni.com. We decided to have a sit-down conversation with Oloni about her new book called 100 questions and how she came to her rise as the popular dating expert.
1. So tell us how you got started in the blogger world and how you became a dating expert?
I became a blogger originally when I decided to start sharing bits and pieces of my love life. I think it was down to several episodes of Sex and The City! Lol. – Every other woman I know was writing about fashion or beauty and even though I had an interest there like most girls, however talking about sex and relationships excited me more.
2. Women flood your Twitter with all sorts of questions about their relationship and sex, what are some common concerns that you are seeing from younger women dating today?
A lot of common issues always boil down to some women not knowing how to communicate with their partner. It worries me at times because I feel like when you’re in a commitment that’s the one person who you should be able to talk to without any fears.
3.What’s one piece of advice you wish more women knew?
That it’s okay to date more than one person if you’re not exclusive with anyone yet.
4. How have your past relationships shaped your outlook on dating now moving forward?
There have been great lessons from my past relationships and I think that’s what has helped me give other women advice because a lot the dilemmas I receive are relatable.
5. You have a book called 100 Questions, what’s one relationship question you wish you never heard again and why?
One question I really dislike hearing has to be when a woman asks what to do if the guy she’s dating doesn’t want to be in a relationship. It’s always the same answer, leave!
6. What inspired your new book, #DearOloni?
Dear Oloni was inspired by my relationship blunders when I was 20 years old. I include bits and bobs of my dating history as well as answering new relationship dilemmas from other women.
7. What’s one piece of dating advice every woman can benefit from?
Always work on yourself so that any guy who meets you turns out to be incredibly lucky lol!
8. So since you’re the woman with all the answers, we have our own dating question for you – what’s one mistake you see women make when they’re dating?
I think a mistake [most] women make when dating is they fall too quickly. It takes a bit of time before you can truly get to know someone. Get to know the guy you’re dating ladies.
9. What are your plans for the future?
Right now I’m working on the second edition of LAID BARE an event for the sex positive and opinionated. Look out for it!
Trackbacks and pingbacks
No trackback or pingback available for this article.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Get news on sales, exclusive discounts, special events and more from My Little Vixen, plus get 15% off your next purchase for joining!